Covid 19 Update To Our Passengers July 17, 2020
We are Open and operating weather permitting within Covid guidelines and procedures! Initially we expected to open once Snohomish County was approved to move to Phase 3 of Governor Inslee’s Safe Start Plan. Phase 3 has not been accomplished as of this date and may still be 2 weeks away. Our COVID Safety Plan, which is adapted from Phase 2 Outdoor Recreation and Personal Services guidelines and FAA/DOT guidelines for air travel, has been well received and appreciated.
We are limiting passenger numbers. Our large passenger capacity basket used for our shared balloon flights will be limited to 6 to 8 passengers max. We have added a Private flight that will accommodate small passenger groups. It’s an exclusive flight for your household and family. While balloon flights do take place with plentiful open, fresh air, there has been multiple changes made to our operations this year. Each is designed to keep our passengers, our friends, our staff, and our families safe and comfortable.
We have eliminated our post flight food assortments for the current time. We still have our traditional post flight “Balloonist Celebration”.
In the interest of safety, adventure, and setting the standard of expectations, we have developed these changes and we want you to be aware of them.
- First and foremost, If you do not feel well, or know you have been near someone who has been exposed, Please stay home. We will re-book you and your anyone attending with you for a later date.
- Reservations made through our online portal do require full payment in advance however our cancellation policy is flexible to allow for last-minute changes in your schedule or ability without penalty to you. Reservations made over the phone will only require a $50 / person deposit.
- You can expect all interactions with our staff will be with proper personal safety equipment. We are all wearing masks these days.
- During the check-in process on the day of your flight, there will be temperature scanners for all passengers, pilots, crew, and staff to continually monitor the health and safety of everyone and you will be asked if you have any symptoms.
- We use electronic waivers that you must complete using your smart device or personal computer prior to flight and have contact free payment opportunities.
- We will help Reduce transmission and follow the Governor’s orders by having everyone wear a face mask. We have ordered face masks that will be complimentary (not to be used or intended as replacement for PPE) to every balloon passenger should you not have one of your own
- Hand sanitizer and wipes are available for your use at various locations and transport vans
- Social distancing will continue and we will encourage passengers to remain social distanced as much as is possible throughout the experience
- All equipment (balloons and vehicles), as well as our passenger reception areas, will be fully sanitized before and after every flight
- We have limited the quantity of our *Shared balloon rides to 6 or 7 passengers (passenger weights and ages play a role in this qty determination). Members of the same Family may fly up to 8 passengers if requested.
- We have decreased pricing of our private flights (2 to 3 passengers only) to make that option much more available for all
- We are limiting our post flight food and drink amenities to individual bottles of champagne or apple juice per person
* If you do book a shared basket, we have taken steps to ensure your safety by decreasing the number of passengers carried in each balloon. However, please be advised that you will still be traveling in a van to and from the launch/landing site with 6 to 8 other people including Pilot and Crew (depending on the number in your party).
Our goal is to be able to bring you an adventure worthy of great memories, especially in a time like today. We’ve done the planning and preparation because we’ve all had our fair share of worries; it’s time for some fun and adventure.
Please check out our website regularly for updates or book online. If you have any questions feel free to call us for more information. We look forward to flying you!